Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: White Club Shorts

  1. #1
    Inactive Member cmd210's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2004
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I ordered a pair of the white club shorts, but they seem to be too large. However, the tag specifically say "made larger to allow for shrinkage". Can anyone describe how much they shrink or give an example. Also, will the red stitching bleed if I wash the shorts in hot water?

    I generally wear sizes 4-6 in women's clothing and a 7 in juniors. I can't seem to find the right size in AG clothes yet. According to their sizing chart, I should fit into a X-large. However, the X-large coconut sweatshirt was too big. So I ordered the red and white club outfit in large, but the shorts seem to be too large. I was too lazy/cheap to send the coconut jacket back (I just wear it around the house so it doesn't matter). But I am afraid I should send the shorts back. I am not sure about the shirt. It is a little big, but I am afraid medium will be too small.

    This is why I don't usually buy clothes without trying them on. But if you have any advice on AG sizing of clothes or the club shorts, I would like to hear it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member trvnbrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    440
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No advice, but waiting to see your responses. My dd just joined the club & is working on earning stars to get either the jacket or shorts/tee outfit. I would love to know how the sizing runs. Sorry your's don't fit. [img]frown.gif[/img] Hopefully someone will be able to help you out. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We have the white Club shorts from last summer and I don't really remember the tag saying that they are cut large for shrinkage...it's still *cold* here [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] so we haven't gotten them out for the summer but I can go find them if you need me to.

    I wouldn't wash them in hot water, just dry them on high heat to shrink them. I find that most shrinkage occurs in the dryer than the washer. However, as a mom of tall, thin children, we have had more problems with clothes shrinking in the length and not the width. [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    MickeyFan
    Guest MickeyFan's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by Christine M:
    I ordered a pair of the white club shorts, but they seem to be too large. However, the tag specifically say "made larger to allow for shrinkage". Can anyone describe how much they shrink or give an example. Also, will the red stitching bleed if I wash the shorts in hot water?

    I generally wear sizes 4-6 in women's clothing and a 7 in juniors. I can't seem to find the right size in AG clothes yet. According to their sizing chart, I should fit into a X-large. However, the X-large coconut sweatshirt was too big. So I ordered the red and white club outfit in large, but the shorts seem to be too large. I was too lazy/cheap to send the coconut jacket back (I just wear it around the house so it doesn't matter). But I am afraid I should send the shorts back. I am not sure about the shirt. It is a little big, but I am afraid medium will be too small.

    This is why I don't usually buy clothes without trying them on. But if you have any advice on AG sizing of clothes or the club shorts, I would like to hear it.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Buying clothes from AG is really hard. We just got the red slippers and they are too small, but the same size in the Coconut slippers are almost too big. If you have a problem with the clothing, AG will replace it for the right size. We had to replace Kailey's bathing suit because it ran so small. We have a lot of the different outfits for girls and none of them run according to the AG size chart. Some are way too big, some are way too small.

    We have had the Club shorts for over a year. Since we live in an area where it stays warm year round, my daughter has worn them the whole year. They have still not shrunk in the wash. I wash them in cold water, but the dryer is pretty hot so if they were going to shrink they would have. I washed the whole Club outfit together the first time and the colors never ran.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •